5’7”…Started playing golf at the age of 13…Credits her father as the individual most influencing her career…Hobbies include cooking and playing PSP (PlayStation Portable) games…Qualified for the Tour after winning the 2005 CJ Nine Bridges Classic Presented by Sports Today… Has her own Web site in Korean, www.leejeeyoung.com.
LPGA Tour Victories (1)
- 2005 CJ Nine Bridges Classic
- 13 events, 8 cuts made, $75,465 (97)
- Recorded season-best T25 finish at the Kingsmill Championship Presented by JTBC
- 18 events, 7 cuts made, $74,842 (65)
- Recorded season-best T16 finish at the Kraft Nabisco Championship
- 21 events, 16 cuts made, $172,692 (101)
- Recorded season-best tie for fourth finish at the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup
- 13 events, 8 cuts made, $68,650 (90)
- Recorded season-best T12 finish at the Safeway Classic Presented by Coca-Cola.
- Finished tied for 37th at the Avnet LPGA Classic.
- Best finish was a tie for second at the CN Canadian Women's Open.
- Tied for third at the Kia Classic Presented by J Golf.
- Tied for fourth at the Bell Micro LPGA Classic.
- Tied for sixth at the LPGA State Farm Classic.
- Tied for eighth at the LPGA Hana Bank Championship Presented by SK telecom.
- Tied for ninth at the HSBC Women's Champions and the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
- Recorded a season-best tie for third at the LPGA State Farm Classic where she carded season-low 66's in the first and final round.
- Recorded two additional top 10 finishes at the SBS Open at Turtle Bay where she tied for 10th and the MasterCard Classic Honoring Alejo Peralta where she tied for ninth.
- Best finish was second at the Safeway International Presented by Coca-Cola.
- Crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings with a tie for 17th at the RICOH Women's British Open.
- Recorded 10 top-10 finishes, including three runner-up finishes: second at the Fields Open in Hawaii; second at the Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill after a three-hole, sudden-death playoff with Suzann Pettersen; and a tie for second at the RICOH Women’s British Open.
- Carded a career-low 63 in the third round of the Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill, where she crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings.
- Recorded six top-10 finishes, including a tie for second at the Wendy’s Championship for Children.
- Won the Shisegae Cup Korean Ladies Professional Golfers Championship on the Korea LPGA (KLPGA), for her second career international victory.
- As a member of the KLPGA, won the CJ Nine Bridges Classic Presented by Sports Today, becoming the 14th non-LPGA member in history to win an LPGA event.
- Won the TaeYoung Cup Korea Ladies Open, an event on the KLPGA.
- Turned professional in August.
- Lee had limited amateur experience.
- Started playing golf at the age of 13.
- Credits her father as the individual most influencing her career.
- Hobbies include cooking and playing PSP (PlayStation Portable) games.
- Qualified for the Tour after winning the 2005 CJ Nine Bridges Classic Presented by Sports Today.
- Has her own Web site in Korean, www.leejeeyoung.com.